April 3, 1986
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
Actress, comedian, singer, fashion designer
Amanda Laura Bynes
Amanda was born and raised in Thousand Oaks, California as the youngest of three children to Lynn and Rick Bynes. Bynes has two older siblings, Tommy and Jillian. Amanda started acting at the age of 7, doing small parts in advertisements. Amanda had a very religious upbringing, with her Jewish mother and Catholic dad. Amanda made her film debut in the 2002 movie, Big Fat Liar. In June 2010, Amanda said that she planned to retire from acting, announcing on her Twitter page, "I don’t love acting anymore, so I’ve stopped doing it." A month later, Amanda had an apparent change of heart and "unretired". At the 2011 MTV Movie Awards, Amanda told People Magazine that she's taking "time off" from acting.
|2003||Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Big Adventure||Nellie (voice)|
|2003||What a Girl Wants||Daphne Reynolds|
|2006||She's the Man||Viola Hastings/Fake Sebastian|
|2007||Sydney White||Sydney White|
|2010||Easy A||Marianne Bryant|
|1997–99||Figure it Out||Panelist|
|1999–2002||The Amanda Show||Host/Various characters/Penelope Taynt|
|2001||The Drew Carey Show||Sketch player|
|2001||The Nightmare Room||Danielle Warner|
|2002–06||What I Like About You||Holly Tyler|
- 2007: Hairspray: Soundtrack to the Motion Picture
- Singles or Songs
- 2007: "Without Love" (Hairspray)
- 2007: "You Can't Stop the Beat" (Hairspray)
In her childhood she performed on stage, Annie, The Secret Garden, The Music Man and The Sound of Music.
In 2007, Amada signed a five-year deal with Steve and Barry's create her own fashion line, Dear, consisting of apparel and accessories. The clothing line launched in stores August 16, 2007.
- Although the casting crew knew right away that Amanda was perfect for the role of Penny in the film version of Hairspray, there were some initial issues with her singing voice. At first, she seemed to be holding back and lacking the confidence to belt out her musical numbers, and it took a while to help her grow more comfortable with that. Fortunately, over time, Amanda improved, and those involved in the production were pleased with her performance.
- The light blue dress that Amanda wore at the end of Hairspray ended up being so small, she essentially had to be sewn into it, according to film director Adam Shankman. Ironically, the exact same thing had to be done with actress Olivia Newton-John's final outfit in fellow film/musical classic Grease.
- In 2007, Amanda said that she was known as "Auntie Chickie" to her niece Jay Lynn and nephew Matthew.
- In What A Girl Wants, the photo album that Amanda's character gives to her father is filled with real pictures of Amanda as a little girl (although not all the pictures are actually her).
- Amanda lives in the same neighborhood as Christy Carlson Romano, Raven, and Ricky Ullman.
- Amanda has 6 pets. She has 2 dogs: Tootsie Roll (Golden Lab) and Betty Boop (Australian Shepard), 3 cats: Subbie, D.C, and Tiger, and a fish named Bella.